DIY Felt Macarons
Since being on NBC's Making It, I've gotten so many emails and messages asking how to make 2 projects in specific: The felt macarons and the oversized friendship bracelets. I decided to re create those two projects, and started with the felt macaron. The friendship bracelets are coming soon!
On the show, I made the felt macarons as decor for my Suite Dreams party. They took FOREVER to make because the "ruffle" sides were strips of felt that were hand stitched to create the ruffle effect. I made these a little different and I have to say, probably the EASIEST DIY I've ever done!
- Hot Glue Gun
- 3- 8" Styrofoam Wreaths
- 1 1/4 Yard of ruffled trim (I only found pink at my local store. Dye the trim for different colors)
- 1/2 Yard of felt
- Place 1 wreath on the felt and cut a circle that is about 1.5" bigger around the edge of the wreath. Make sure it covers the wreath when you place it over the top. (Cut 2 circles the same size)
- Hot glue 4 points that are across from each other. These 4 points will anchor your felt and make sure gluing is easier.
- Finish gluing the the rest of the felt. Make sure to pull the felt tightly when gluing to ensure smooth edges on the outer part of the wreath.
- Repeat this process to the second wreath. 1 wreath will NOT have felt on it.
- Take the 3 wreaths, and stack them to look like a macaron. The white, uncovered wreath should be in the middle. Hot glue them together.
- Once dry, begin gluing the trim between the felted wreath and the white wreath. As you glue the trim, pull on it as it dries so its tucked in the creases and doesnt cover the white wreath. That's it! You're done!
Make sure to tag me (@thecreativeheartstudio) if you make it! I'd love to see it!