DIY Easter Hot Air Balloon Basket
Easter is next week and we all know the star of the show for the kiddos is the Easter Basket. Of course, I wanted to find a way to incorporate balloons, so I made a simple yet impactful Hot Air Balloon!
- Hot Glue Gun (LOW TEMP)
- Serrated knife
- Balloon inflator
- Mini Hand Pump
- 4- Square dowels 1/2” x 36”
- Bushel Basket
- 24” Latex Balloon (I used 2 to double stuff and get a lighter color. Lavender inside white)
- 2- 8.5x11” Felt sheet
- 5-White 260q balloons (bead borders and underneath large balloon)
- 6- White 160q balloons (flowers)
- 6- Lavendar 160q balloons (flowers)
- 10- Lime Green 160q balloons (leaves)
- 12- 5” Ivory balloons (flower centers)
- uglu dashes (optional)
- Bunny Balloon Kit (Optional)
ALWAYS PURCHASE EXTRA BALLOONS FOR POPPING ACCIDENTS.
- Take the 4 dowels, and using a serrated knife, cut off 8”.
- Hot glue the 4 dowels directly onto the inside of the basket in a square format. Use the strips of the bushel basket as a guide.
- Cut the 2 sheets of felt down the middle vertically.
- Cut off about 1/2” off the side of each strips.
- Glue each edge of the strip to the middle. then singe the middle and glue the strip around to make a bow.
- Using the mini hand pump, begin inflating the lavendar and white 160q balloons, inflate each one about halfway. Begin making loops and twisting 3 times after each to create a 5 or 6 petal flower.
- Take the 5” ivory balloons and inflate very very very little, slip through the petals and center in the middle of the flower.
- For the single leaves, inflate the lime green 160q balloons to about 5-6”. Fold in half and tie off.
- For the double leaves, inflate the lime green 160q balloons to about 8-9”. Fold the balloon on half and tie off. Then fold it in half again and twist 5 times.
- Using U-Glu dashes or low temp glue gun, adhere the flowers and leaves to the basket in a swag shape all the way around.
- Inflate the 24” balloon to about 20” and slip through the 4 dowels so it fits snug between them. Secure the balloon to the dowels using low temp hot glue gun or Uglu Dashes and cut off the tail.
- For the white beads around the large balloon, follow THIS VIDEO to make. Instead of tying the ends together, adhere the beads to the balloon using a glue gun or Uglu dashes.
- Adhere the 4 felt bows to the dowels using the hot glue gun.
- Make another 5 petal flower with the remaining white 260q balloon and adhere it to the bottom of the big balloon to cover the cut off tail.
- Fill the basket with filler and goodies and you’re done!!!
Leave a comment